Starting and Growing a Business
Research, Planning and Preparation
These guides are very helpful when you are wanting to build your business idea from scratch. They will guide you through building your team, testing your idea, communicating and pitching your idea, and how to turn your idea into reality.
- Australian Government
- Hatch Quarter Playbook - The Startup playbook for migrants and refugees in Victoria
- (ASIC) Australian Securities & Investments Commission - Running a Small Business in Australia Guide
- Thrive Refugee Enterprise
Execution – Start your business
After you have done your research, planning and preparation and you are now ready to start your business, the below sites are a great support to help you begin.
- VIC Government Starting a Business
- Federal Government Starting a Business
- ASIC (Australian Securities & Investments Commission)
- ATO (Australian Tax Office) - Starting your own business
- NEIS - The New Enterprise Incentive Scheme
- Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business – Starting your business
- The SelfStart Online Hub
Tools – To help you start your business
These supplementary tools will aid you in starting your business.
- Register for an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Business Name Availability & Register a Business Name
- Running a Small Business in Australia
- Checklist for starting a home based business
- Translation and interpreting service
- First Business App – Helps you to decide whether to start a business
- INNOVIC (The Victorian Innovation Centre)
Funding & Grant Opportunities
Raising capital to startup your business and grow is an important part of staring your business and there are many options to choose from. below are just some of the many options available to businesses.
- Hume City Council Grants:
- Victoria Grants:
- Federal Grants:
- 3rd Party Grant Search Sites:
- Angel Investor Groups
- Many Rivers Microfinance Limited
Hume City Council Business Support
If you are looking to open your business or relocate it to Hume, we offer some of the best logistics infrastructure, business environments, lifestyle and workforce availability around.